As Costa moves towards its ambition of becoming a truly global total coffee company, IT becomes increasingly important in enabling business strategies. The Business Analyst role is integral to the success of IT. Working in teams across the IT organisation, the role will report into the Portfolio Lead within the delivery team.
This role requires the incumbent to hold strong relationship management and analytical skills. They will need to be tenacious and resilient to be able to successfully operate in a very fast paced, high workload environment.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and ourage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
at Costa Express we have over 13,000 machines worldwide. Through our world
leading innovation, we have revolutionised the coffee-on-the-go market. We aim
to be trend setters, who exceed customer expectations. In a fun and friendly
environment, our DNA is to challenge ourselves and be passionate about our
A bit about the role...
The Business Analyst will work across the full project lifecycle on a range of business and IT projects. They must be able to build relationships with key stakeholders, and work to identify solutions by leading structured reviews of business processes
- Establish relationships with key stakeholder and understand the customer objectives of projects and their anticipated outcomes.
- Lead requirements elicitation sessions, stakeholder interviews, group sessions etc to identify business requirements
- Create and own a full set of business requirements for projects, ensuring sign off from nominated project stakeholders.
- Maintain a requirements traceability matrix throughout the lifecycle of the project to ensure changes to requirements are fully agreed and tracked.
- Maintain a stakeholder matrix for the project to determine key parties within the project
- Lead sessions with key business areas to document AS-IS and TO-BE business processes
- Helps to ensure projects deliver functionality, efficiency savings and cost reductions in line with stakeholder expectations
- Ensures delivery of the requirements through technical and development teams, reviews and signs off technical specifications
- Supports UAT and defect management as owner of the agreed business requirements
- Creates user documentation and manuals for new systems / processes
- Understand all steps in the project and ensure analysis methodologies are adhered to
- Create quality, accurate, non-ambiguous deliverables: - Requirements, Processes, Use stories & Test Cases
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- Demonstrable experience in business analysis in large organisations
- Experienced in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of structured project management methodology
- Highly experienced in analysis artefact production
- Supplier evaluation and selection including full ITT process
- Understanding of full project lifecycle in different methodologies, Agile, Waterfall
- BA Qualification (BCS or similar)
- Able to understand and empathise with customer issues - strong customer focus
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone
should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and
transparency and embrace differences in all that we do.
#nowisthemoment to join.
23 Dec 2020