Barista Maestro (Team Leader) - Fort William DT - 40 hours per week - full time - permanent
We are looking for a passionate and experienced team leader to join us as a Barista Maestro.
Our Barista Maestros (Team Leaders) are responsible for inspiring and leading our genuine and warm teams in delivering great experiences to our customers, our communities and to our people.
What we can offer...
To celebrate great performance at Costa, we’re really proud to be able to offer an industry leading reward package;
- A starting pay of £10.19 per hour rising with training to £10.59
- Quarterly Feelgood points scheme – potential to earn up to £200 in each quarter*
- Whilst on shift free handmade drinks plus 50% discount on food and bottled drinks
- Costa Coffee Retirement Plan, which offers matching contributions
- Life Insurance & Income Protection Cover (if you join our pension opt-in scheme)
- Costa Discount App – 25% off food & drinks in store when you’re not working
- Cycle to Work Scheme through which you can make huge savings on bikes and accessories
- Shoes for Crews – Costa’s discounted shoe purchase scheme
- Huge savings on gym memberships & fitness accessories
- Access to Feel Good discounts, where you can get instant cashback and make savings at an array of retailers
- Opportunity to get involved in Costa’s charity work through the Costa Foundation
A bit about the role...
As a Barista Maestro you’ll be the team leader inspiring the team every day, keeping customer service at the heart of everything you do, dedicated to creating incredible experiences for our customers. In addition to this you will enjoy the following:
- Act as a team leader by coaching and supporting the team to deliver unbeatable experiences, while ensuring all procedures are followed, taking the lead on shift
- Deploy the team according to the trading pattern, ensuring right people in the right place to maximise sales
- Train and accredit new Baristas, inspiring their new adventure with Costa
- Manage the day to day operations of the store when required, being accountable in the absence of the Store Manager
- Implement new marketing POS, and brief the teams on new recipes / seasonal ranges to ensure continued excellence to maximise every opportunity
- Deliver health & safety, cleanliness and drive understanding and importance of the COSTA Check
- From the quality of an espresso to the maintenance of equipment, to monthly coffee excellence scores, you’ll drive the highest of standards every time
- Maintaining accurate stock levels and ensuring all on-site stock is well stored and persevered
A bit about you…
You will have a passion for leading others and a desire to take on shared responsibility because as we know it’s all about working as a team, and of course you will really love delivering amazing coffee:
- Previous Team Leader experience in a fast-paced environment is an essential
- A passion for coffee, customers and colleagues - because sharing your Latte art is a part of the day job
- Constant desire to overachieve by turning knowledge into operational excellence
- Ability to embrace challenges in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and obsessive about customer service
- Career driven with a willingness to learn and be bold, brave and action-orientated
- Flexible approach and can-do attitude, as each day can offer exciting new challenges
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We’re the No 1 coffee brand in the UK for the 11th year in a row. As a Barista Maestro you’ll lead a genuine and warm team that shares a love for coffee, and a desire to deliver great experiences to our customers, our communities and to our people.
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable adjustments. For any general recruitment queries please contact email@example.com
*Pay Rates Applicable from 1st October 2021
16 Nov 2021