Costa House, 6 Porz Avenue, Houghton Regis, Dunstable, GB-BDF, LU55YG, GBR
Costa Coffee – Banking Administrator
Joining an already successful and collaborative Banking Team, you’ll dive straight into the cut and thrust of operating in a fast-paced retail environment where the focus is to reconcile the change accounts, report the differences to Risk and assurance team, action journals and close the general ledger.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Banking Manager, the Banking Administrator will be responsible for the reconciliation of change ordered by Costa Stores. You’ll investigate all discrepancies, assist with banking projects and system updates, keeping the current systems in good working order whilst looking for process improvements. You’ll also liaise with internal and external auditors ensuring controls are adhered to and evidenced. Other duties include:
- Load and reconcile daily store change orders flagging issues to the R&A team.
- Follow up on replies from the R&A team to correct change issues or write off differences if required.
- Prepare and post via upload journal all monthly change charges if required.
- To complete ad hoc tasks as requested by the Banking Manager
- Liaise with suppliers to review account service levels.
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- A good understanding of reconciliations and the reconciliation process.
- Previously worked within the controls function of a multi-site operator.
- Experience of updating ReconNET and/or other systems to enable full automation of reconciliations.
- A good grasp of Excel and Word (Intermediate Excel skills)
- An analytical mind that is good with figures
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts to prepare and present concise written reports.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to forge relationships with key contacts both internally and externally.
- Logical approach to work and attention to detail is necessary whilst accuracy is paramount.
- Self-motivated in order to reach specific timescales and deadlines.
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location: Dunstable Bedfordshire, but we’re OK with you working from home if you’re OK to travel to our Head Office twice a week.
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
10 Jun 2021