Costa Coffee – Senior Operational Manager for Retail Franchise Retail franchise is the heart of Costa, working with many partners who have a number of stores, we're proud to have been voted the
Costa Coffee – Senior Operational Manager for Retail Franchise
Retail franchise is the heart of Costa, working with many partners who have a number of stores, we're proud to have been voted the 'most missed' eating and drinking brand in the UK. Reporting to the retail franchise director, you’ll lead and direct the Retail Franchise Partnerships Operations team. In this pivotal role you’ll be fully responsible for operational excellence; consistent deployment of “One Costa” brand standard and agenda; the management and tracking of the business with clear and effective governance.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers great coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink range, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
A bit about the role...
Accountable for managing an Operational Income level of c £28m across three defined territories: UK, Ireland & the Channel Islands. Responsible for ensuring full contractual compliance and governance systems and processes are in place.
- The creation and leadership of the Operations strategy for the Retail Franchise Operations Team
- Consistent deployment of “One Costa” brand standard and agenda; ownership of the Franchise Operating Manual (contractual framework for retail franchise partners)
- Co-ordinate and drive achievement of consistent operational excellence and best practice through the Retail Partnerships Operations team, delivered across the Retail Partnerships network including site level pricing, campaign adoption training & NSOs management
- Lead the One Costa agenda - own a multi-partnership agenda for operations through influencing other channel leads, ensuring the delivery of effective comms to team and partners and providing expertise and support for Ops Excellence
- Manage and develop relationships with all external 3rd party Partnership supply relationships. Market Force /Two’s Company, ensuring cost effective, challenging, service levels, delivering great customer service for both Costa and partners. Manage all contract renewals and tender processes for Partnerships supply with 3rd parties to ensure best VFM and quality of service
- Ensure the delivery of the NSO pipeline in collaboration with Propositions Team
- Acts as deputy for the Retail Franchise Director during periods of absence which includes UK Exec and CFA SteerCo attendance
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, it’s essential that your career background echoes the below:
- Experience of having worked in a large multi-site and complex environment which has given exposure to working in an interdependent way with specialist functions at all levels of the organisation
- Exposure to working in an environment that is focused on continuous improvement
- Good market place awareness and interest: understands the market place in which Costa operates, gathers information and can utilise and share this for the benefit of the business in an effective way
- Strong knowledge of bean to cup coffee machinery, brand standards, ordering processes, pricing, and logistics
- Leadership experience across multi-site businesses in a retail or food service environment
- Experience of leading a sizeable group of customer facing people from a distance in a consistent, inspiring and empowering manner
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with good flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location / Travel: Dunstable & UK travel
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
11 Sep 2020