Are you passionate about coffee? Are you exciting by analysing data and the routine of working in a Laboratory? If so then we’re on the search for a Coffee Quality Specialist. Joining an already
Are you passionate about coffee? Are you exciting by analysing data and the routine of working in a Laboratory? If so then we’re on the search for a Coffee Quality Specialist.
Joining an already successful and collaborative team, you’ll be expected to dive straight into the cut and thrust of operating in a fast-paced laboratory environment where the focus is on coffee beans.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
We opened our doors to a brand-new state-of-the-art roastery in Basildon in 2017. Our roastery is one of the biggest in Europe and allows us to produce 45,000 tonnes of coffee a year, quadrupling our coffee roasting capacity compared to our previous home in Lambeth.
A bit about the role...
Reporting into the Laboratory Manager, the Coffee Quality Specialist will lead the day to day laboratory testing of green coffee and finished roasted coffee samples. You’ll achieve this by performing coffee product tests and tasting panel activities. You’ll enhance your skills in product investigation and sensorial coffee analysis, whilst capturing the data and acquire knowledge in quality procedures in the food industry.
- You’ll coordinate the day-to-day work amongst the laboratory team and manage the third-party laboratory sample requests
- Create reports of results flagging issues & concerns in time for the Laboratory manager.
- Design & execute laboratory experimental designs to investigate coffee related continuous improvement experiments.
- Manage the data capture of all laboratory testing with easy access to the database to extrapolate results and trends.
- Create, manage & feedback the day-to-day results of all analysis & KPI’s for laboratory manager & senior management.
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- Coffee quality knowledge and experience in coffee cupping and grading
- Previously worked or currently working in the coffee industry or food laboratory environment
- A natural leader, you’re able to coordinate the day to day tasks amongst the team
- You’re analytical with good reporting writing skills and strong attention to detail
- A strong communicator, you’re able to liaise with stakeholders of all levels (internal & external) with tact
- You’re highly organised, with good problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location / Travel: Basildon, Essex. No travel required in this role.
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
16 Jul 2020