Houghton Hall Business Park, Porz Avenue, , Dunstable, GB-BDF, LU5 5YG, GBR
A bit about us.... The Business Analyst is an integral member of the IT Delivery Team team, joining an already successful and collaborative Team you’ll be expected to dive straight into the cut and
A bit about us....
The Business Analyst is an integral member of the IT Delivery Team team, joining an already successful and collaborative Team you’ll be expected to dive straight into the cut and thrust of operating in a fast-paced retail environment
We’re one of the world’s largest and fastest growing coffee businesses, the favourite on the UK high street with over 2,000 stores, and our self-service Costa Express machines circle the globe. We have recently joined Coca-Cola whose global scale, production, and distribution capabilities perfectly align to our ambition to serve more coffee, in more ways, in more places.
Costa is an ambitious business with ambitious plans for further expansion around the globe. We’re embracing the cloud (AWS, Azure, AliCloud) and working to organize our data to increase speed and scale. All this to create great experiences for our coffee fans on apps, tablets, our Costa Express machines, and in our stores. It’s never been a better time to join Costa!
At Costa Express we continue our entrepreneurial drive and investment in technology to fuel step changes in growth. Our IT delivery team is growing and year on year we deliver more projects enabling the business to achieve their challenging targets.
Providing business analysis services and taking ownership of the product, ensuring alignment and seamless engagement between IT and all relevant business team stakeholders – representing & being the voice of the customer at all times within the Agile development team.
A seasoned Business Analyst with experience and confidence of being recognised as a product owner internally & externally who has successfully worked on delivering technology projects. You will be expected to develop a deep and detailed understanding of our organisational processes and capabilities.
The ideal Candidate
A confident communicator with strong stakeholder management experience working in a fast-paced environment and being fully accountable for successfully delivering multiple projects.
- Capturing business requirements by working with various stakeholders from different parts of the business and translating them into EPICS, user-stories, user cases or software specifications as relevant.
- Translating user experience into detailed specs for developers through artefacts acceptance criteria (Given-When-Then), workflows and context scenarios.
- Facilitating workshops with key business stakeholders to define and refine requirements.
- Own the vision for the product and ensure the product evolution aligns to the vision
- Looking at requirements gathered from multiple stakeholders across different product backlogs to establish a strategic overview and address key dependencies and risks
- Own the prioritization of the product backlog based on value, analytics, customer needs and strategic goals
- Responsible for continuously defining & establishing the minimum viable product that achieves the stated goals and set priorities for development
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to successfully facilitate groups of business leads and external parties – some of whom may hold senior roles in the business
- Previous experience of business analysis and requirements definition
- Ability to manage and deliver medium-sized projects
- Ability to understand technical detail and translate it into everyday terms
- Ability to develop strong relationships with 3rd party software suppliers
- Strong desire to evolve best practice within the department
Desirable skills and experience
- Significant experience of integration projects involving business critical systems
- A good understanding of data analysis and basic SQL skills
- Experience of international rollouts
- Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence and Jira
- Experience of food retail or FMCG
What we want to give you
- Competitive salary + other benefits
- Costa Pension Scheme
- BUPA Healthcare
- Incentives, bonus, development and career opportunities
- 25% discount off Costa Coffee – but free when you’re working of course!
Apply and be part of the #CostaCoffeeAdventure.
07 Jul 2020