The Supply Chain Operations and Customer Relations Manager is an integral member of the Costa Supply Chain team. Responsible for delivering fantastic service to our stores by overseeing the management
The Supply Chain Operations and Customer Relations Manager is an integral member of the Costa Supply Chain team. Responsible for delivering fantastic service to our stores by overseeing the management of Costa’s 3PL partners, leading the engagement strategy with Costa Retail Operations team, as well as driving and managing a programme of continuous improvement initiatives and strategic objectives to improve service and reduce cost. Joining an already successful and collaborative team you’ll be expected to dive straight into the cut and thrust of operating in a fast-paced retail environment.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation
A bit about the role...
The primary focus will be on the daily management of the 3PL’s, cost reduction and cost mitigation with 3PL’s (open and closed book accounts) and to ensure the Supply Chain Operations Team are set up for success with clear objectives and are all aligned to the UK&I Supply Chain strategy and reducing overall cost base.
- Build a Customer service strategy to ensure 3PL’s deliver best possible service to stores.
- Drive improvements in 3PL KPI’s through managing a continuous improvement programme.
- Work with senior Costa supply chain team to deliver strategic objectives.
- Supporting Costa stores and operations teams with Supply chain related issues
- Share supply chain performance metrics and improvement plans to field teams
- Management of issues, escalation and resolutions through 3PL’s and Costa 3PL account managers ensuring best possible outcome for the customer.
- Take the lead for all supply chain communications for stores
- The role will involve some out of hours work and on weekend cover (based on an on-call rota)
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would expect to see some of the below:
- Customer focused and a strong relationship builder
- Demonstrable experience of team management (task & performance management)
- Knowledge and experience of Supply chain ordering processes
- You embrace and drive change and have an agile mindset
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and directing 3rd party suppliers (open book contracts)
- As an effective collaborator, you’re used to working with diverse teams as well as internal and external suppliers and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise workload, especially under time pressure and meeting all deadlines
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring
their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do.
#nowisthemoment to join.
30 Jun 2020