Internal Controls Assistant Manager As part of Costa’s Internal Controls Team, the main purpose of this role is to support the business in complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley regulation, improve e
Internal Controls Assistant Manager
As part of Costa’s Internal Controls Team, the main purpose of this role is to support the business in complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley regulation, improve effectiveness of operational, finance and application controls, maintain respective documentation.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Internal Controls Manager, you’ll support the business in designing effective controls to mitigate risks emerging from the business, ensuring that all new / changed processes are adequately documented and updated accordingly. You’ll liaise with stakeholders to identify and understand key business changes, evaluate and assess the impact of the change on financial /operational/business processes and its overall impact on financial reporting.
- Provide guidance and training on all aspects of internal control including interpretation of relevant policies, application of documentation best practices and the detection of possible red flags of fraud.
- Identify improvement opportunities to enhance quality, consistency, relevance and efficiency of internal controls.
- Assists evaluating effectiveness of Costa’s global Risk and Compliance Framework. Periodically reviews automated transaction monitoring reports and investigates the potential SOD conflicts.
- Providing regular update to line management on SOx compliance and contributing to the monthly Control Steering Group (CSG) to inform and challenge key stakeholders in control issues
- Supports with the update and application of Costa Delegation of Authority, providing timely advise as and when required.
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- Previous Internal Controls & Risk Management Experience and knowledge of core financial and operational processes.
- SOx Compliance experience
- Accounting/Audit background and knowledge of using data analytics
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with strong influencing/negotiating skills
- The ability to make judgements and recommendations in the context of complex systems and risk and materiality of findings.
- Capable of interacting effectively and building collaborative relationships
- Must be able to be flexible and adaptable to change.
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location / Travel: Dunstable, Bedfordshire. No Travel
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
30 Jun 2020