The Category Planner is an integral member of the Costa Supply Chain team, responsible for managing the end to end supply and demand planning for a range of items. Joining an already successful and c
The Category Planner is an integral member of the Costa Supply Chain team, responsible for managing the end to end supply and demand planning for a range of items. Joining an already successful and collaborative Team you’ll be expected to dive straight into the cut and thrust of operating in a fast-paced retail environment
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we
believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in
the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the
worlds most loved coffee brand. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers
first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers
amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved
stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long
list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and
inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
Here at Costa Express we have over 10,000 machines
worldwide. Through our world leading innovation, we have revolutionised the
coffee-on-the-go market. We aim to be trend setters, who exceed customer
expectations. In a fun and friendly environment, our DNA is to challenge
ourselves and be passionate about our legacy.
A bit about the role...
Works closely with Working in collaboration with operations, procurement and category functions to create a demand, stock and order plan for all products in range and to deliver agreed availability of items whilst ensuring stock levels are kept to a minimum and minimal product is written off or
becomes a financial risk
- Work with 3rd party and suppliers to agree a supply plan and monitor the product flow from suppliers delivering both direct into our distribution network
- Work with operational teams to understand new opening, site re fresh and new campaigns impact demand and adjust plans
- To develop and maintain reporting that supports day to day decision making.
- Work closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure sales and order plans are executed as planned and with the right levels of availability.
- Analyse supplier performance and monitor KPIs and provide narrative for review.
- Ranging controls to ensure optimal wastage and exit management
- Manage the supply chain part of new Menu change for your range ensure all upstream tasks are completed to time, allocations are agreed, PO’s placed and communications in place to ensure no stock write off
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would expect to see some of the below:
- Customer focused and a strong relationship builder
- Demonstrable experience of forecasting,demand planning and ordering
- Comfortable querying, interrogating and analysing data
- Highly numerate with Excel skills to an advanced level
- As an effective collaborator, you’re used to working with diverse teams as well as internal and external suppliers and stakeholders
- You embrace change and have an agile mindset working on a variety of tasks and timelines
- Ability to prioritise workload, especially under time pressure and meeting all deadlines
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional
adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit
your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do.
#nowisthemoment to join.
30 Jun 2020