Costa Coffee – Senior People & Payroll Services Manager Are you ready to join an organisation going through a period of substantial growth? We’re looking for a Senior People & Payroll
Costa Coffee – Senior People & Payroll Services Manager
Are you ready to join an organisation going through a period of substantial growth? We’re looking for a Senior People & Payroll Services Manager to join our team.
The success of the People Service Team is critical to the overall effectiveness of the People function and our ability to ensure consistent employee and manager experiences. As an integral member of the People Shared Services team you’ll play a key role in the delivery of high quality People Services to the business, managers and team members, as well as to the People function.
This role will be responsible for delivering high-quality execution of core People and Payroll processes (utilising our Dayforce technology) and driving an agenda of continuous improvement with the Head of People Shared Services.
This role requires thorough knowledge of People and Payroll management practices, end to end processes, ability to monitor and control for quality and standard controls (e.g. SOX), perform trend analysis and basic data diagnostics, and capacity utilisation management for the team.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don’t settle for mediocre. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers great coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink range, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.
A bit about the role...
Reporting to the Head of People Shared Services you’ll lead and manage payroll for all Costa UK based team members, drive continuous improvement, manage and deliver monthly payroll reconciliations to the balance sheet/P&L. Directly responsible for a team of 7 you’ll ensure all team activity is in line with budgets, together with contractual obligations with 3rd party providers. A pivotal position in this business area you’ll drive continuous improvement of key payroll processes – managing via key vendors & communicating with business stakeholders as required.
To be successful in this role, the individual in this position will need to excel at: interpersonal skills, stakeholder engagement, excellent communication, executing at pace and team building skills, high level of attention to detail, passionate about continuous improvement, responsive and lead by example by demonstrating our Costa Coffee values.
This role is accountable for maintaining process documentation or knowledge base content for your functional area, manage improvement initiatives, and deliver services within agreed SLA’s and Customer Satisfaction scores, with initial activity on designing these for Costa Coffee.
- Successful delivery of monthly live payroll, managed expenses as well as annual submissions including tax year end, P11D, P60, EDI and legislation releases. Highlight any areas of non-compliance or risk
- Ensure all key payroll processes meet defined governance standards and SOX compliance, liaising with internal & external audit partners as appropriate to demonstrate compliance. Lead follow-up to any identified audit recommendations
- Work with stakeholders, attend project meetings, provide SME support. Act as SME for all issues relating to People Processes and Payroll within Costa. Includes maintaining deep understanding of Costa business requirements & of external payroll landscape
- Manage the escalation process for any identified problems, track trends, training, communication requirements and challenge service where necessary
- Drive continuous improvement of key payroll processes – managing via key vendors & communicating with business stakeholders as required
- Manage exceptions relating to expenses process, together with overseeing correct payments of expenses aligned to our internal policies
- Lead on all cyclical events for People and Payroll (e.g. annual salary review & incentive payment)
- Ensure payroll reporting & KPIs provide insight data to drive key business decision making
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, it’s essential that you can demonstrate a background in the below:
- Working in global environments from a People and Payroll space in a Shared Services function and a track record of having implemented Shared Services frameworks for a complex multi-site business
- Audit controls to include SOX
- Strong understanding of payroll legislation, accounting and HR processes
- Strong HR/People process aptitude and ability to learn and become an expert in the People and Payroll space at Costa, as well as the ability to train others in their execution
- Possess initiative & drive; with strong desire to continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/service levels
- Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment
- Ability to make decisions that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
- Payroll and accounting skills ie AAT/CIPP
- Experience of working in a People Shared Services organisation
- Must have strong planning, coordination and organizational skills
- People management/leadership experience
- Substantial payroll and accounting experience working with a large payroll of 18K+
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools in a 365 environment
What we can offer...
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with good flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
Contact: If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact email@example.com
25 Jun 2020