The Senior GL Analyst is an important member of the Financial Reporting and Control team, reporting directly into the Express UK&I Controller. Joining an already successful and collaborative T
The Senior GL Analyst is an important member of the Financial Reporting and Control team, reporting directly into the Express UK&I Controller. Joining an already successful and collaborative Team you’ll be expected to dive straight into the cut and thrust of operating in a fast-paced retail environment where the focus is on supporting the Express Finance and Business teams. You’ll confidently build and enhance key working relationships with our internal stakeholders.
A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we’re on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand. We’ve come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers amazing coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink products, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation
Here at Costa Express we have over 10,000 machines worldwide. Through our world leading innovation, we have revolutionised the coffee-on-the-go market. We aim to be trend setters, who exceed customer expectations. In a fun and friendly environment, our DNA is to challenge ourselves and be passionate about our legacy
A bit about the role...
The Senior GL Analyst will support the implementation and development of best in class systems, processes and controls which deliver accurate and timely reporting of Express financial results. This will mean working closely with the Express UK operational & commercial teams, to understand the business results, and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Preparation and completion of the period end accounts
- Supporting the production of monthly consolidated management accounts for the Express business with appropriate variance analysis and commentary
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations for key and subjective account balances
- Business Partnering other teams e.g. Commercial Finance
- Ensuring robust processes are in place to meet all statutory reporting and compliance requirements.
A bit about you…
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. In addition, we would hope to see some of the below:
- As an effective collaborator, you’re used to working with diverse teams
- You embrace change and have an agile mindset working on a variety of tasks and timelines
- You’re comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ad-hoc requests for information
- You see the opportunity based on your own experience and initiative to help identify and drive process improvements.
Essential Skills and experience...
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Previous experience of GL processing and reporting
What we can offer…
We’re on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA Healthcare
- Costa Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.
01 Jun 2020